Sunday, April 13, 2014

So Very Grateful

Happy Sunday, everyone. I didn't mean to stay away for so long, I've just been really busy with work and with so many things. I am still creating though, and trust me when I say that I have a stack of cards I need to photograph so I can share them all with you.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my dearest and one of my favorite aunts passed away in the Philippines. She was one of the kindest and most genuine person I've ever known and I was really saddened by her death. She had been ill for quite sometime and although her passing was not a complete shock it was still a huge loss. I grieved in silence and thought about the last time we saw each other 2 1/2 years ago. I remember walking over to visit her, since their house is only yards away from ours. She was very generous with kind words and always told me what a wonderful woman I turned out to be. If I only knew that would be the last time I'd see her, I would have hugged her a little longer and a little tighter. My mom was really disheartened, because they were very close and even planned to retire and spend their old age together along with another aunt. I feel she was taken from us way too early and the fact that she also had three daughters (like me and my two younger sisters) gave her passing a heavy impact on me because I closely identified with it. Oh well, this card is for you, tita Delia - Rest in Peace, my sweet aunt, until we meet again. 










Card Recipe

Stamp set(s): So Very Grateful (Wood 133050 Clear 133053), Word Play (retired)
Paper: Card stocks in Strawberry Slush (131295) and Lucky Limeade, Watercolor paper (122959)
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Strawberry Slush (131178), Lucky Limeade and StazOn Ink pad in Jet Black (101406)
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Oval Collections framelits (129381), Aqua Painters (103954), Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Dazzling Details (124117)

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...