Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone! I am so happy that my mom is hosting the festivities today. I am only bringing my famous 7-Layer salad, so I was able to sleep-in a little bit and relax this morning. My aunt is visiting us this week from Canada. It feels like Christmas came in a month early because she brought us many presents. She has always been such a generous person. I have happy memories of her sending us chocolates, dolls, clothes and toys when we were kids in the Philippines. It's sort of a strange and good feeling to have her sitting next to me and feel my dear grandmother's presence. It made me miss my grandma a little less.

There are so many things in my life that I am very thankful for. My son is home from college and although, we have not seen much of him because he's been out with his friends; I am still very happy that both my kids are home this Thanksgiving Day.

The earth has yielded its fruits; and God has blessed us. --- Psalms 67:6
Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): French Foliage (Wood 120845 Clear 121166), Harvest Blessings (Wood 126450 Clear 126452)
Paper: Card stocks in Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso


Hershey Kisses Pumpkin Spice treats
Well, that's all I have for today, folks! I just saw the ads for tomorrow's Black Friday sales and since both my kids asked for cash this year, I think I am going to stay in my pajamas at home tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Day! Let us all take a moment and express our gratitude and appreciation to God and one another most especially today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...