Friday, January 13, 2012

Fun and Cute #1

I am much happier today because it's Friday and payday, it's a three-day weekend, plus it's Max's, my nephew's 2nd birthday. I am completely enamored with my nieces and nephew. I love being an aunt. After being a mom for almost eighteen years, I have realized how fast children grow. However, nothing drives the point harder than seeing my nieces and nephew and be reminded that my own kids were just this small not too long ago. Now, my son is graduating in high school and my daughter is almost eleven. How fast time flies.

I made a Fun and Cute style card appropriate for a two year old who's crazy about Elmo and Sesame Street. A Fun and Cute card has a happy / bright color combination. It can have humorous or whimsical embellishments and it's guaranteed to always make you smile or even laugh. I find myself using this style when I create birthday cards for kids or for some of my whacky friends.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: On Your Birthday (111664)
Paper: Real Red, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White and Big Top Birthday DSP (122348)
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin Write in Chocolate Chip for chocolate chips
Accessories: Punches - Word Window (119857), Modern Label (119849), 1 3/4" Scallop Circle (119854), 2 1/2" Circle (120906), 1" Circle (119868), 3/4" Circle (119873), 1/2" Circle (119869), Googly Eyes from local craft store, Big Shot,  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Pacific Point Ribbon (retired)

Isn't this card just so darn cute? So, there you have it my special blog entry for today. Happy, happy birthday dear Max. May you always know how much you're loved.

Happy Friday, y'all. See you, Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...