Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Simply Sketched

I am on staycation beginning today. My daughter and I watched a movie last night. She asked me to help her with her project, so I used the most litigious term in the HR world - "quid pro quo". I told her I'd help provided that she sat down and watch the Silver Lining's Playbook with me. So, she did and come to find out, she liked the movie. That's why this is going to be a quick post, so we can work on her project. One of my many goals during this staycation was to take photos of the cards I have done the past few weeks. So, check mark on that! I just want to share a card with you and then I will be off to my To Do List.

I CASED this card from a swap I received at SU's convention last year. I just changed the color combo and added the brad. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with the simplicity of the layout. I just adore Clean and Simple cards like this. It was easy and beautiful at the same time. Less is indeed more. I really love this Hostess Set called Simply Sketched. It's so versatile and the images can be embossed, and colored with markers, ink pads or with water color. Or it can just be stamped like this - plain. The stamp set comes with three sentiments: Thanks So Much, Happy Birthday Wishes and With Heartfelt Sympathy. Like I said, versatile.

 
Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Simply Sketched (Hostess set)
Paper: Card stocks in Basic Black, Perfect Plum and Whisper White
Ink: Classic Stampin' pad in Perfect Plum
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Apothecary Accents Frame Lits (127003), Glower Garden Embossing Folder (123113), Brads (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Well, that's it for today, folks. I hope to stay on track and post one card a day for the next few days. I feel optimistic and I am off to a good start. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...