Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blessed Easter 2014

Happy Easter Sunday, everyone! I have truly enjoyed five days of my staycation. I cannot believe it's time to return to work tomorrow. I will really miss my afternoon naps. Oh well, it was definitely a great idea to take a few days of break just like that every so often to recharge. I am already looking forward to the next one.

It has been twenty-five years since I celebrated Easter aka Holy Week in the Philippines. Yet, each and every year when the Easter holiday comes around I still think and fondly remember how we celebrate this solemn holiday back home. My younger sister and I actually often talk about how our children would have been scarred for life if they'd seen the "Senakulo" aka the dramatic presentation of the Passion of Christ in "action" blood, wounds, thorns and all. There was no Easter Bunny, eggs or treats.

Once again, I used a stamp here that is a single stamp and solely in wood. When I mounted the rubber, I cut out the sentiment and adhered it on a spare piece of wood block. That way I can use both the image and sentiment separately. Chocolate Chip is one of my favorite, be it cookie, ice cream, cake and in this case, colors. I find that I can always pair it with almost anything. It's just a little softer than early espresso and more delicious than soft suede. I also love the Chocolate Chip 1/2 Inch Scallop Dots Ribbon (124142) and it is currently available on Clearance.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Blessed Easter (133212, Happy Watercolor (Wood 133188 Clear 133191)
Paper: Card stocks in Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight classic stampin' pad and StazOn Ink pad in Jet Black (101406)
Tools & Accessories: Artisan Label punch (130920), Chocolate Chip 1/2 Inch Scallop Dots Ribbon (124142) On Clearance, Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Well, that's all for today, folks. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...