Sunday, August 5, 2012

Papaya Collage

I just noticed that it's been over a year ago since I started my blog. I've been so distracted lately that I completely forgot my First Anniversary was on July 22nd (I was in Alabama then). I apologize that my entries the past couple of months have been sort of sporadic due to recuperating from major surgery and the recent death of my stepdad. I am doing my best to ease back into my old schedule since I am returning to work in a week. Augghh! I can already imagine how hectic and crazy it will be in the office. Oh well, I am actually ready to go back and dress-up again every morning for work. I actually miss having a purpose. It was a nice break only because it was necessary for me to recover. However, once I was able to walk around without wincing in pain...a small (just a small - haha) part of me actually miss my job. Smile. Note to Self: Remind myself this when things get too insane in the office.

I was finally able to play with my new stamps. It's like Christmas! I am so in-love with the Papaya Collage (Wood 126610 Clear 126612) stamp set. I am completely enamored with the brand new Elegant Butterfly punch (127526). It has more character than the old style butterfly punch. It's perfect for anything vintage-y and classy.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Papaya Collage (Wood 126610 Clear 126612), Oval All (retired)
Paper: Card stocks in Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Whisper White
Ink:  Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories: Fancy Fun Embossing Folder (127751), Large Oval(119855) and Scallop Oval (119856) Punches, Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526), 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Island Indigo (122974), Stampin Dimensionals (104430) and Pearl Basic Jewels (119247).

Well, that's it for today's post. Have a wonderful week, everyone. I will savor every single day of my last week before I return to work. Hopefully will do some back to school shopping with my daughter and birthday cards for a couple of my friends. Come again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely color combinations. As a new demo, I really enjoy the card recipe that you offer with the new post. I hope that your recovery goes smoothly!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...