Sunday, August 12, 2012

Keep Calm...Create

Well, I cannot believe I just completed eight weeks of my medical leave. I had a long list of things I was hoping to accomplish during that time, but sadly none of them got done. I did not anticipate it would take the entire eight weeks to recover. Oh well, time surely flies and although I am sure it will be hectic in the office the next few months trying to catch-up and stuff, I must be brave and face it. I shall put on my big girl panties and conquer the work, the emails, the phone calls, the meetings and everything else. While typing this, I am doing an inventory in my head of my organs...hmmm, which one can I live without? Which ones are the genuine VITAL organs? Do women get hernias? Smile.

Hobby Lobby opened here in town last Friday. I was so excited that I was one of the first customers there. However, for some odd reason, I liked it so much better when I was in Alabama. Now...well, not so much. Not a lot of sales at all for a grand opening and get this, they DO NOT accept competitor's coupon! Perhaps I liked it when I thought I couldn't have it, but now that it's here I have lost all interest. Oh well...c'est la vie!

I made this card to remind myself to "Keep Calm and Carry On". I must admit that one of the reasons why I have not been productive lately is because of Pinterest. Yes, I have a feeling I might need to check myself into rehab soon. I am clearly addicted to pinning that I have not been to the Stampin' Connection Site. It's bad, really bad. Hopefully, work and going back to my old hectic schedule will distract me from it. Should I slowly withdraw myself from pinning or just go cold turkey? Aughh, my life just reached the lowest point of pathetic. Hahaha!


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Carry On - Hostess Set (Wood 126645 Clear 126647)
Paper: Twitterpatted DSP (125406), Card stocks in Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray and Whisper White
Ink: Craft Pad Basic Black (102192)
Accessories: Heat Tool (129053), Clear Embossing Powder (109133), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), 3/8" Ruffled Ribbons Lucky Limeade (122977)

I made a bunch of this for swaps at Convention

Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Postage Due (Wood 126395 Clear 126397), Creative Elements (Wood 122645 Clear 122647)
Paper: Twitterpatted DSP (125406), Card stocks in Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo and Whisper White
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Island Indigo (126986) and Riding Hood Red (126968)
Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Modern Label punch (119849) and Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

Well, that's all I got today. Have a great week, everyone. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a Retired But Not Forgotten card on Friday...provided that I survive this week. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...