Sunday, August 19, 2012

Framelits Saved the Day

I have been busy all weekend. I expected it because it was my first weekend since I returned to the office and the last weekend before the school year begins. I did all my regular household chores such as laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, paid bills and cleaned some that I did not have time to do any paper crafting. Last night while enjoying a bottle of Smirnoff Ice Mango, I managed to quickly put together this card. I do like creating challenging cards every so often, but it's also very nice to make easy and simple ones without compromising beauty. I have fallen in-love with the Big Shot Framelits, Edgelits and Sizzlits. I appreciate how it takes away the cutting and gives such a precise and clean cut each time. I hope to one day own all of them. Grin. Take this card for instance, just a couple of card stocks, DSP, Stampin' Write markers and some pearls and it's done.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Apothecary Art (Wood 125525 Clear 125527)
Paper: Card stocks in Soft Suede, Pool Party and Very Vanilla, Attic Boutique DSP from 2012 Occasions Mini catalog
Ink: Basic Black and Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' pads, Stampin' Write makers in Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Paper Doily Sizzlits (125592), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Stamping Sponges (101610), 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party (122975)

Well, that's about it for this Sunday's post. It has been cooler the past couple of days here in Northern California, and when I say cooler I meant mid 90's instead of the triple digit heat of the past week. I am already looking forward to fall. That's it for now...more chores await. Have a fantastic week, everyone. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...