Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Owl Always Love You!

I apologize again for my delinquent "supposedly" Sunday blog post. I am still not feeling well, as a matter of fact I had to cancel my class this past Saturday because I still feel horrible. That right there is a clear proof that I am sick. I never cancel a class, because I completely enjoy and look forward to it each and every time. I slept and rested a lot over the weekend. It's amazing how much I wanted to just crawl in bed and sleep. My body must really need it. As I am typing this entry, I am feeling so much better and I hope to finally be on my way to full recovery. I hate being sick. Oh well.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I am sharing with you two Clean and Simple Valentine cards. Aren't they just so adorable and cute? No frills or lots of embellishments, yet still very nice. This Owl Always Love You card is the one I gave my Valentine - my hubby.


Materials: Real Red and Whisper White card stocks, DSP, Owl Builder punch (118074), googly eyes, and the sentiment Owl always love you is not Stampin' Up! I found it in the Clearance bin at a local craft store here in town and I just knew what I could do with it. I am really loving the framelits dies. I used the Hearts collection (125599) on this one and then to add dimension used the embossing folder in Perfect Polka Dots (117335).


Materials: Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White card stocks, Punches: Heart to Heart (119881), Scallop Square (119884) and 1 1/4 Square (119865), Happy Greetings stamp set (retired from last year). 

In as much as I love creating Valentine's Day cards and treats, I must admit that the day itself brings out the cynic in me. I am not much of a flowers and jewelry kind of girl. I remember a time many, many years ago when I was into the whole flowers, gifts and heart shaped anything. Now that I am much older, romance is more "deeds" than "stuff" - I mean, cook me dinner and then do the dishes, that is romantic! Come with me to the grocery store to bag and carry them - that is romantic! I can go on and on. Oh well, don't mind me I am still recovering from the flu. Hahaha. 

Happy Valentine's Day and hope you all feel loved today and every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...