Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun and Cute #2

I have been trying my darnest to fight off the aches and pains hoping it will just move on to the next person at work and skip me. No luck there, today I decided to stay home and I literally slept for six hours. I don't suppose that qualifies as a nap. I have this notion that sleep is a waste of precious time. However, I notice that as I am getting older, I can't go non-stop like I used to do in my twenties. I haven't had any down time for a couple of months and lately my body has been screaming at me to slow down. I am bummed that I am not feeling well, but admittedly it was very nice to not get out of my jammies all day. Note to Self: Sleep actually feels good especially when your body really needs it.

Today is Maddy's, my niece's 3rd birthday. I made her this special card because we have this inside joke about her throwing a huge fit over a stuffed elephant toy at Joann's Fabric. Hahaha. Isn't this card so cute? I need to work on my coloring techniques. It's another Fun and Cute style card appropriate for a cute and adorable three year old.



Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Elebration (121175), On Your Birthday (111664)
Paper: Lucky Limeade card stock, DSP, Real Red card stock, Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink: Classic Stampin Pad in Basic Black, Real Read, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Bigz Dies Top Note (113463), Stampin Write markers, Punches: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle (119854), 1 3/8" Circle (119860), 1 3/4" Circle (119850), 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon in Real Red (109034)

That's it for now. My warm and comfortable bed beckons. See you soon!

Happy, happy birthday dear Maddy! You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...