Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pop of Paradise

I bumped into a former colleague recently and after a couple of minutes of hello, good to see you kind of thing, she asked me if I'm still happy at work. I've been with the same employer for almost a dozen years and although it was a legitimate question it still caught me by surprise. It shocked me more when I responded pretty quickly with a, "sadly, I still am". She then laughed because she knows my odd sense of humor and said, "that's great to hear". We hugged, said our goodbyes and I walked away smiling because I realized that I totally meant what I just said. Sure, I've had moments when I get so frustrated with situations and with people, but the good days are greater than the bad ones by a long shot. Perhaps, that's why with the quantity of people coming and going recently, it kind of makes me feel that perhaps I might be too human to be a Human Resource manager. 

So, do you really know when it's time to quit your current job? Is there a deadline or a time frame? I'm no expert, but I believe that once you start to dread or worse, fear coming to work then it's time to look for something else. A little fear is good for your psyche. It keeps you on your toes and keeps things fresh and new, but terrified on the edge of a nervous breakdown is unhealthy. I think it's okay to hate your job sometimes, but if you feel this way every single day - then it's definitely time for change. Also my number one personal gauge is, gratitude. When you don't feel an iota of gratitude or appreciation for your employer anymore then it's time. Do not wait for it to get so bad that you end up bad mouthing the company that pays for your bills and provides for your family. It's just bad juju. In a nutshell, if it's such a bad marriage, why the heck are you still in it, right? I don't think you should leave a job when you're angry. Anger makes you do stupid things. And I am a firm believer of having a replacement job before turning in your notice. Unless you're close to retiring, won the super lotto or inherited millions from a dead relative, I'd have a job lined-up.  

Oh well, enough of work talk. I want to share this really cute card created with Pop of Paradise stamp set. Pink flamingos are also everywhere. I was at H&M the other day and I saw shorts with pineapples and a top with pink flamingos. I suppose owls are out of fashion. Haha! 


Well, thank you for stopping by. Below is the list of products used to create this card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...