Friday, April 29, 2016

Mini Drawers & Cupboards

Thank goodness it's Friday, indeed! I've had such a busy week and I already predict May to be an even busier month. Anyway, I want to share a couple of mini drawers/cupboards that I was working on. They were quite time consuming to put together. I first adhered all the wood pieces together using wood glue. Let them dry, then painted with white acrylic gesso, let them dry, then painted them with acrylic paint. After they dried overnight, I measured and cut-up the designer papers, sponged around the edges using Soft Suede ink pad and glued them using Mod Podge. Lastly, I put Mod Podge all over to give them a sheen finish. Didn't I say time consuming? Yep, but I am very happy with the results. I think it was worth it.
This mini drawer is from SACrafters. I bought them when I went to the Scrapbook Expo last month. I checked out her online store, but she charges so much for shipping. I guess I'll just have to wait to go to another Scrapbook Expo, right?
I still don't know what I'm going to use this one with. Perhaps makeup or spools or ribbons. Who knows if I'll even use them. I might just display and admire them. Smile. 
I think this one will be perfect to put my OPI nail polish collection. I just love creating anything with paper! This DSP has been retired. I thought the gingham would be perfect for a county look.
This cupboard is from KaiserCrafts
Aren't they so cute? I want to make more. Well, that's all I have to share for today. Have a wonderful weekend, everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...