Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve 2016

It's hard to believe that I am entering my 5th year blogging about my so-called life and my love for handmade cards. I usually like to share a valuable lesson that I learned the past year. Right now, I am at a loss for words. The year went by way too quickly. I think even much quicker than the previous years. Oh well, getting older is definitely not for the faint of heart. Let me back up, getting older while watching your children get older is very challenging. Trying to educate while learning to let go? Definitely not for sissies! I am so fortunate though, to have such amazing kids. Sometimes, it surprises me that they are mine. Haha. Being with my son and listening to him talk about his passion for dance and self-expression is definitely very inspiring. His dream is for schools and society as a whole to recognize dance as a form of art and include it in their curriculums. He explained to me that he is not a dancer. He is a choreographer, a teacher and a motivator. This kid hustles like you won't believe to make his dreams come true. He truly makes me proud every single day. He definitely has a lot to learn about life, but I personally think he is on the right track. 

My daughter loves music. She loves musical instruments and she tells me all the time that being in Marching Band and Drum Line are the two things that get her up every morning to go to school. I wish she'd love school more, but to have that kind of passion for music at an age when it's so easy to just go online is very inspiring. Practices and competitions for band are very rigorous. Yet, she shows-up every single time while making sure she has good grades.  

I don't believe in resolutions anymore. I believe that when people want to change something about themselves, it's irrelevant when or where they want to make it happen. However, this year I will do my best to hustle more, to create more and to inspire more people to be creative. 
I CASED this calendar from my Upline, Karen Flores. I just changed the colors. I love red and black, don't you? We made this in our Giftables class and everybody loved it. 
Well, this is it - my final blog post for 2015. I wish you all the best of everything in the coming new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...