Sunday, July 12, 2015

You've Got This

I have been very busy in all areas of my life and also have been so preoccupied creating cards and projects to swap in the upcoming Stampin' Up! Convention. I feel like I overcommitted myself once again by signing-up in (more than I should have) organized swaps. Oh well, any reason to make 110 cards and to receive 110 beautiful cards in return to inspire me and give me ideas with future cards class/events? Yes, please! One of the swaps I signed-up for is Wow Fancy Folds Cards, so I am going to go ahead and share with you what I worked so tirelessly on. It is an easel card made with a new stamp set called You've Got This. It's such a strong sentence and one that we should all bear in mind all the time. This will make such a wonderful gift to a friend or to you to place on your desk where you'd always be reminded that no matter how discouraging your current situation is good things are going to happen and that you've got this! With everything that is going on in my life right now, I really feel like I am being pulled in so many directions that my planner can't even keep-up with me. Haha. Note to Self: You've Got This! I am so excited for Convention. It will be so much fun, exhausting, but FUN! 


I only made eleven of this, so it wasn't too bad because it was really a lot of work, not to mention costly. I stamped the flower image twice on watercolor papers, colored both images using classic stampin' pads and Aqua Painters, then used Crystal Effects on the second colored image, sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitters and let it dry overnight, then fussy cut the image out and adhere with stampin' dimensionals to give off the 3D effect. The end result was really quite stunning and worth all the hard work. I hope they wow the recipients. 

Card Recipe:

Stamp Sets: You've Got This (Wood 139572, Clear 139575)
Paper: Cardstocks in Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow, Watercolor paper 
Ink: StazOn Ink in Jet Black, classic stampin' pads in Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Textured Embossing Folder in Lovely Lace (133737), Punches in Decorative Label (120907) and Extra Large Oval (119859), Crystal Effects (101055), Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (133751), Aqua Painters (103954), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Metallic Baker's Twine in Gold (132975), Sequin Trim in Gold (132983), Paper Snips (103579)

Well, that is all for now. Have a wonderful week, everyone and thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...