Sunday, June 21, 2015

Walk in the Wild

Every once in a while, my body demands for a time-out. Last Friday morning, I could not get up. I slept for ten hours the night before and I did not have the strength to get out of bed all day Friday. I had a headache, felt achy all over and my throat was hurting so badly. I have been feeling weary the past few weeks, but I had to keep pushing myself because I have a ton of things to do. My check list is long and it seems that each time I check a task a new one gets added to it. I can't seem to get ahead. I was extremely exhausted. And in as much as I HATE calling in sick, I did. I slept all day. I was a lazy bum and I did not like that at all. What a waste of a perfectly good day off! I suppose my body knew it needed a break and it was going to have it whether I wanted to or not. Sleep to me has always been a necessary evil. I feel guilty when I sleep too much (to me, like 6 hours) because I know there are things to be done. However, as I am getting older realizing that not sleeping enough makes the engine to force shut down. 



Oh well, I want to share a masculine card in honor Father's Day. This is the card I sent my dad. I got this idea from Kay Kalthoff. She is such an amazing lady and very talented. I met her at Convention a couple of years ago and she was very kind and down to earth. I hope to bump into her again next month at Convention. 

The stamp set I used is called Walk in the Wild and has been retired. I find it so challenging to create masculine cards. Perhaps because they usually have to be plain and kind of boring. Clean & simple cards without bling or glitters. Blech! Haha. This turned out really nice though. I just love this Designer Series Paper called Sweater Weather, reminds me of a Burberry pattern, right? 

Oh well, happy Father's Day to all of you wonderful fathers out there. Thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...