Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa's List

For a long time I have been resisting the electronic books via Nook or Kindle. I love to read and my co-workers have been telling me that giving in to the technology of e-books will help me plus save my rapidly deteriorating eyesight. I kept saying I love the sensation of paper in between my fingers, the smell and the crispness of the pages as I turn them and on and on. I'm just really stubborn and traditional that way.  However, this past Thursday during our Company Holiday Party raffle, I won a Nook HD. I was elated, actually more so about winning than the actual gift itself. I kept telling myself and others that I have been wanting to get a Nook. Although, it was not completely truthful. It was not in my list of wants. I did not want to unwrap the shiny plastic off of this strange gadget for hours after I brought it home. I seriously stared at the darn thing for minutes at a time, then I would walk to the living room, walk back to the kitchen where it was on top of the kitchen table and then walk away again. I did this for at least ten times. It was foolish and I really didn't know what I was afraid of. It was a piece of electronic for Pete's sake and not a time machine. Perhaps I was afraid of change, no matter how minute. To someone who loves to read as much as I do, this in my opinion is quite significant. Do I still say, "I am reading this amazing book or e-book?" What will I do with my book shelf and the books the I have collected over the years? A big part of me felt that this whole electronic book world will take away the most cherished process of feeling a book in one's hands. Then again I argued with myself about some of these amazing gadgets that I now feel I cannot live without such as my Keurig beverage maker, Clarisonic, Chi hair flat iron, iPhone, Ninja blender/food processor, etc. So, I finally opened the Nook, turned it on and downloaded a few of my favorite books at a discount. I re-read The Great Gatsby and by the last page, I knew I had just sold my heart to e-books. I have been reading every chance I get and I really love the built-in dictionary. I doubt I will use this for anything else, other than reading. I guess Santa came in early for me this Christmas. Thank goodness, I was in the Nice list.








Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Santa's List (W 131808 C 131811), Positively Chevron (W 130496 C 130499)
Paper: Cardstocks in Real Red, Midnight Muse and Whisper White, In Color DSP in Gumball Green
Ink: Classic Stampin' pad in Real Red
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Bigz Scallop Squares Duo, 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon in Midnight Muse (126847), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

Well, that's it for now. Last weekend before Christmas, I have a lot of things to do. I have been delayed by my new toy, so it's crunch time today and tomorrow to do last minute errands and finish wrapping gifts. Bye for now and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...