Monday, November 18, 2013

Gently Falling

I have always been sort of intimidated of Two-Step stamp sets, because I can't seem to get them right. I can be such a perfectionist sometimes and it really annoys me when things are not lining-up straight. I must say that after making a dozen of these cards, I got over that feeling. I think that it really turned out nice. I shouldn't doubt myself so much. I didn't think these color combo would work, but wow, they sure do.



Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Gently Falling (Wood 128430 Clear 123804), Truly Grateful (Wood 131730 Clear 131733)
Paper: Card stocks in Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Naturals Ivory and Comfort Cafe DSP (retired)
Ink: Classic stamp pads in Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Pool Party and Cajun Craze
Tools & Accessories: Sponge Daubers (102892), 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit, Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) and Large Oval Punch (119855)

Well, that's about it for now. I have been feeling discouraged lately, but a quick visit from my sister and nephew this weekend definitely cheered me up. Also, I had such an amazing cards class last Saturday. I am so thankful for my gals who come over once a month and create with me. Having them over bring me so much joy. If only I could do more events/classes than my schedule permits. Oh well, have a wonderful week, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I love your color combination....we generally get stuck with Fall colors being the earth tones...love how you brought the blue into this card! I really like it Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynette. I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...