Sunday, October 13, 2013

Autumn Leaves

It was a very full and hectic first week of October. My sister and nephew came to visit last weekend. It was so wonderful to spend time with them. I see my nephew only a few times a year and each time, I am so amazed at how much bigger and smarter he gets. There was this one afternoon when he and my nieces were playing in my mom's backyard; and as I watched him walking towards me holding a balloon I was instantly transported to a time many years ago when my son was that little. I cannot believe he is now nineteen and out of the house. I miss him every single day. I always get so excited when he calls or when I receive a text message from him. I hope he calls more often. Then again I remember being that young and the last person I wanted to talk to was my mother. I always had an excuse such as school and work or that I was too busy hanging out with people whose names I don't even remember anymore. Lucky for me, my mom is still here. I hope my son knows this...that I will always be here for him.

My goodness, this year completely passed me by. Can you believe it will be Christmas in like two months! Oh well, I want to share this really simple and easy Autumn Leaves card. I love fall. I really do. I had an amazing Stamping Event yesterday. I get so inspired when the gals like the projects I prepare for them. We've been making Christmas cards, so I will be sharing them with you soon. It really depends on my photographer (daughter) who's always attached to her bed on weekends.


Card Recipe

Stamp set: Wonderfall (Wood 131949 Clear 128087)
Paper: Core'dinations Colorcore Card Stock in Early Espresso (127848) and Very Vanilla card stock (101650)
Ink: Classic stamp pads in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and More Mustard
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Autumn Accents Bigz Die (127812), Spider Web Embossing folder (retired), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Sanding Block (129367), Early Espresso Baker's Twine (123124), Naturals Designer Buttons (127554), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Well, that's all for now. Have a great week, everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...