Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life is a Ticket

I have not forgotten about my blog. I've just had a hectic start to 2013 and have not had much time to create anything to share. Between the holidays and family visits, it's been really busy...yet also wonderful. My nieces and nephew are getting much bigger and it brings me joy to be around them.

Around this time ten years ago, we were all in the Philippines. We celebrated the holidays there and had this amazing grand reunion with our relatives that we have not seen in a very long time. So much has happened since then. Children grew-up, babies were born and loved ones died, to name a few. In the grandiose scheme of life, ten years really does not seem like a lot, right? I used to not think much of years, but as I get older I am learning a much deeper perspective of time as they come at me in seconds, in minutes and in days.

I found myself at a fork in the road a few weeks ago. I have always been cursed with the inability to say no. I am the oldest, it's my job to please and make everybody happy. That's how I was raised. However, lately I have recognized the importance of redefining many things in my life, and that includes the phrase, "no, thank you". It was so foreign to me that I did not know what to do at first. I had to ask myself just one question: Will the gain be more valuable than how much it will cost me now? And again, with time being measured in nano seconds and not in years.

One of the best gifts of aging is wisdom. I know that now. What was once very important to me, no longer applies. As life changes, so do we...whether we like it or not. My resolution this year is only one, to enjoy and to take advantage of my one-time admission to the greatest show on earth called life. I hope that you will all join me in doing the same.

The sentiment Life is a Ticket to the Greatest Show on Earth is not Stampin' Up!

























Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Postage Due (W 126395 C 126397, That's The Ticket (W 128072 C 128075), Feeling Sentimental (SAB 2013 January 22 to March 22, 2013)
Paper: Card stocks in Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy and Very Vanilla
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake and More Mustard for distressing.
Accessories & tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (127821), 5/8" Crochet Trim ribbon in Victoria, Ticket Duo Builder punch (126883), Sponge Daubers (102892).

Well, that is all I have for today, folks. Thank you for stopping by. Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...