Sunday, September 9, 2012

Petite Purses

People who interact with me on a daily basis know me as someone who's transparent, frank (often misconstrued as crude), highly-spirited, loud and unafraid to voice out my opinions. I love to laugh and I CAN always find the humor in anything. Those people who knew me a few decades ago and at some point unfortunate enough to witness my unpredictable "basket case" syndrome can attest that I came with plenty of ghosts. Many of them still find their way to haunt me even in my most beautiful days and peaceful slumber. Sometimes it will be just an ordinary day, then a song on the radio or a certain smell will trigger it and I'd be halfway back down the black hole once again...raw and bleeding. A week ago a casual conversation at work made me accidentally revisit an event in my previous life. Something I thought I had been so successful to outrun after all these many years. Unbeknown to the people who see me five days a week that I was having a nervous breakdown inside, I simply walked back to my desk, took five deep breaths and focused on the task at hand. As I went on with my day, my mind would somehow wander off and think about the validity of my affliction. How accurate is my memory? My life has surely changed in so many ways over the years, but sadly my past will always be the same and it's mine to live with for the rest of my days. I am utterly powerless when it comes to the past. Then again, if given the chance to go back in time...would I want to change it? You will have to forgive me, September is sort of a dark month for me and I suffer from September-ism without fail every year.

In my personal experience, a pretty purse can always cheer any girl up. So, I want to share a few of them. They turned out really cute. I used my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Petite Purse Bigz L die (125606), Boho Blossoms Punch (119858), Textured Embossing Folders in Perfect Polka Dots (117335), Chevron (127749) and Fancy Fan (127751). I also used the Designer Series Paper in Twitterpated (125406), Card stocks in Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist, 3/16" Regal Brads (119737), Pleated Satin Ribbons (retired) and be prepared to use plenty of the Sticky Strip (104294).


That's it for now, I have to go to the Farmers Market. Have a wonderful week, everyone and thank you for stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...