Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Heart Never Forgets

It was so hard to leave my mom in Alabama, knowing Russell is gone. Thank goodness for Bama, she's a dependable and loyal dog. Under the circumstances, it was very nice to return to the south after two decades. It seemed like nothing much has changed since we were there last, yet I know that I have changed. It was a very heavy and very sad feeling not finding Russell around in that big house, asking me if I wanted a drink or teasing me about not being a dog person. I regret that we didn't come to visit sooner. Oh well.

I want to share a few photos of my ten days in Alabama and a card that I made for my mom. I will begin with the food we ate. I completely forgot to take a photo of Milo's Sweet Tea. My sister and I drank that by the gallons. The stamp I used for the card is not from Stampin' Up! It's from Verses Rubber Stamps. They have really nice sentiment stamps. However, everything else from paper to ribbon are from Stampin' Up!

Sweet Corn Bread (even my executive chef of a sister said it was great)
BBQ Pulled Pork, Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra
My parents'  home in Alabama
My parent's dog, Alabama aka "BAMA"


Each time we embrace a memory, we meet again with those we love...for the heart never forgets.  --- Flavia

Well, that's it for now. I hope to be able to create some thank you cards in the next few days. I can't believe another month has gone by. They had Christmas stuff in Hobby Lobby and it hit me that the holidays are fast approaching. Yikes! Thank you for stopping by. Come again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...