Sunday, July 8, 2012

Faux Suede Flowers

It has been a very slow recovery and healing for me since my surgery almost three weeks ago. It's frustrating not being able to do a lot of things. Reruns of Friends, Sex and the City and Monk have been keeping me entertained. Oh, and I've been to many exotic places via the Travel channel. Watched two seasons of Downton Abbey and read a couple of books.

Yesterday, I was surprised and excited to wake-up without pain. I took a short walk and cooked some breakfast. I got so exhausted that I could not get-up all afternoon...pain returned with a vengeance in the evening. Oh well. It breaks my heart to see my crafting table untouched and my brand new stamps and goodies from my last order still in the box. I cannot wait to have my energy back and to be able to move fast. Note to self: be more patient with ME. Smile.

I just want to share with you a couple of cards from my Life's Events Cards class last month. I really like the Faux Suede Flowers technique. It takes time, but the result is definitely lovely. You can learn how to make them via this video 3D Faux Suede Flower Technique by one of my favorite Stampin' Up' demostrators Dawn Olchefske.



Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Very Vintage Jumbo Stampin' Round (117693), Loving Thoughts (Wood 125843, Clear (125845)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral and Basic Black card stocks
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' pad, Stampin' Write markers in Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Blossom Punch, 3/8" Designer Printed Brads (122940), Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer (118772), Jumbo Stampin' Around Handle (103661)



Card Recipe


Stamp Set(s): Very Vintage Jumbo Stampin' Round (117693), Loving Thoughts (Wood 125843, Clear (125845)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black card stocks
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' pad, Stampin' Write markers in Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Blossom Punch, 3/8" Neutral Brads, Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer (118772), Jumbo Stampin' Around Handle (103661)


Well, that's it for now. I will try to spend time creating this week, it might just be the thing that will cheer me up. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...