Friday, May 25, 2012

Retired BNF Friday #7

Well, the countdown for the last day of the school year is definitely on. This is my kids' last Friday of school, next Thursday will be my son's High School graduation. It has been crazy busy. My days have been filled with tasks and dates/deadlines to remember, both in the office and at home. Sometimes I amaze myself how I do it all and still manage to stay sane (most of the time...smile). Oh well, c'est la vie! My final Stampin' Up! order for the 2011/2012 Catalog came in last night. I was up late playing with my sneak peek goodies. I got the new In Colors and I have not made up my mind if I like the reconfigured stamp pads. I feel it's too juicy for me. Hahaha!

Oh well, I have two cards to share today for my son's upcoming graduation. The first one is from my all-time faves, Sail Away; and the other one is from the recent Sale-a-Bration stamp sets called Sprinkled Expressions. I am completely in-love with Sponge Daubers! All these many years I have been using the sponges, but the daubers are more precise and it gives off more impact just like when I used them in the background night sky of this sail boat and the waves. Plus I love how it fits in my finger. I am seriously contemplating on using it to apply my makeup. Hahaha.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Sail Away, Word Play (Wood 120308 Clear 120651)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry card stocks
Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink, Night of Navy and Pool Party Classic Stampin' pads
Accessories: Stampin' Emboss Powder in Clear (109130), Embossing Folder in Square Lattice (119976), Stampin' Write Markers in Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry, Decorative Label Punch (120907), Baker's Twine in Early Espresso (123124), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Daubers (102892), Heat Tool (100005), Post-it Note (punched with 1 3/4" Circle for the moon)



Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Sprinkled Expressions
Paper: Whisper White and Real Red
Ink: Real Red Craft Ink and Night of Navy Classic Stampin' pad
Accessories: Stampin' Emboss Powder in Clear (109130), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Daubers (102892), Brads Star, Ribbon, Heat Tool (100005), Post-it Note (punched with 1 3/4" Circle to highlight the Star).

Well, it's a 3-day weekend for me due to Memorial Day. Yay! My mom is visiting to attend my son's graduation, and will be spending a couple of nights with me. We will watch movies, drink wine and go to TJ Maxx. That's the plan. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, everyone! Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...