Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I have been trying to come up with an idea for a Saint Patrick's Day card, then I realized I didn't own any Stampin' Up! stamps to use other than Every Little Bit (Wood 117096 Clear 120558). Thank goodness to other clever Stampin' Up! demonstrators from Stampin' Connection Site I was able to draw some inspiration.

Clearly, my heritage does not celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. However, one of the fine prints about having a Paper Crafting Blog means I have to pretty much celebrate most holidays - as an excuse to create and share. I also like a few Irish actors/celebrities, if that counts. Also, I remember reading somewhere (probably a bumper sticker) that "Everybody's Irish on March 17", so here I am with a couple of greeting cards. Luckily it fell on a Saturday this year, which is a good reason to celebrate with a good drink or drinks, right? Both of the cards are in my opinion Clean and Simple. I think they turned out okay considering they're my first attempt to create Saint Patty's Day cards. I got the sentiment stamps from the $1 bin at a local craft store. I will be more prepared next year.


I used the Small Heart punch (117193) on the shamrock above plus Brights Glimmer Brads (121006) in Old Olive. Green Shimmer paper - non Stampin' Up! Garden Green and Whisper White card stocks. Also Garden Green Classic Stampin' pad for the ink.


Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: Every Little Bit (Wood 117096 Clear 120558)
Paper: Whisper White and Basic Black card stock, Patterns DSP Brights Collection (117155)
Ink: Old Olive Classic Stampin' pad (102277)
Accesories: Punches in: 1 3/8" (119877) and 1 1/4" Square (119865), 1 1/4" (119861)and 1 3/8" Circle (119860) and 1 3/4 Scallop Circle (119854), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Stamping Sponges (101610)

That's it for today. See you soon! 

"May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...