Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friendship

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read my blog post last week, "Stars in the Sky". I appreciate the comments I received. It just hit me the other day that blogging might actually help me fulfill two of my greatest passions: paper crafting and writing. I've always considered myself a writer ever since second grade when I bought my very first Hello Kitty diary. Writing has been my saving grace all of these many years. When I'm hurting and nothing seems to help, I write all my feelings down and somehow seeing them on paper frees me; as if I am no longer bound by the pain. After sometime when I go back to read them...it's as if I am reading someone else's life. Writing my feelings down gives me an avenue to put it out there; it's like letting go of something I can't control. It's been my therapy and although, it has always been my dream to write a book blogging will have to do for now.

My eleven year old daughter changes BFFs at least once a month. I find it a tad amusing that it is so easy for kids to make friends and then move on to the next. Sadly for me, I have not really made one true girlfriend since high school. Surely I have friends whose company I genuinely enjoy, but it's nothing like my friends from high school. Even then I didn't have very many. I have been told to have trust issues. I suppose, becoming an adult made me suspicious of people. Isn't that sad? I've always had this unwavering belief that if one knew me and loved me back when I was a complete mess, he/she is my friend for life. As adults we've learned to put up facades and we've gotten so good at being superficial. We've complicated life by thinking that showing vulnerability makes us unlikeable. We've stopped making friends. It saddens me every single day that all of my best friends are back home and we rarely communicate anymore other than those occasional greetings and hollers via Facebook. We're all busy with our own lives. Life is hectic, I get it. It still doesn't stop me from wishing I had one girlfriend close by whom I can "hang with". To all my BFFs...you know who you are - please know that I am missing you.


This stamp set is called,  Language of Friendship and it's one of the Sale-a-Bration freebies. We made it in class last week. The language of Friendship is not words, but meanings. - Henry David Thoreau

Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Language of Friendship
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White card stocks.
Inks: Lucky (115657) and Wisteria Wonder (122936) Classic Stampin' Pads
Accessories: Scallop Trim Corner (118870) and Bird Builder (117191) punches, Impressions Folder in Elegant Bouquet (115964), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


This was one of the Make & Takes from Stampin' Up Convention last year. Hahaha, I just got around to finishing it. I so love how it turned out. I altered it a little bit plus I sprayed the finished card with Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer.

 Card Recipe


Stamp Set: Best Friends Forever (Wood 122805 and Clear 122807)
Paper: DSP Timeless Portrait (122352), More Mustard, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stocks.
Inks: Lucky Limeade (122935) and Cherry Cobbler (119669) Classic Stampin' pads
Accessories: Decorative Label (120907), Extra Large Oval (119859) and Lace Ribbon Border (122362) punches, Basic Rhinestones (119246), Smooch Spritz Vanilla Shimmer (118772), Paper Snips (103579) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

That's it for today's post. Have a wonderful Sunday! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...