Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

The best gift this Christmas for me is celebrating the holidays together. It has been a very long time since I spent Christmas with my mom and two sisters. I am so grateful to share this special time with my family. Our mom is definitely having "good time" with the grandchildren.


So for this week's post, I used one of my very favorite sets called English Cottage and the sentiment is from Home for Christmas set. They have both been retired. I used water color crayons for the image and just sponged the edges to soften it with Lucky Limeade ink.

Card Recipe

Stamp Set: English Cottage and Home for Christmas (both retired)
Paper: Holly Berry Bouquet, Real Red, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Black Stazon for the image, Lucky Limeade
Accesories: Watercolor crayons, Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade, sponge



This other card sort of happened by playing with the colors. I thought I'd challenge myself and not use traditional Christmas colors and also by using the Circle Circus stamp set (which is obviously not a Christmas stamp set). I sprayed it with the Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer. It surprisingly turned out quite pretty.

Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Circle Circus (115778), Snow Swirled (111690)
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo 
Accesories: Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads, Smooch Sprtiz in Vanilla Shimmer

That's it for today! We did not do our traditional Noche Buena aka Christmas Eve dinner and opening of presents last night because of the babies. We will do a late lunch today and then open presents.

To those we love and see each day and other loved ones far away. 
To those whose lasting friendship means so much,
and those with whom we're somehow out of touch.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...