Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wild About Flowers

A few months ago, I've had to terminate a co-worker who over the years had become a very dear friend. We both started in the company around the same time. Although, she has more of a laissez-faire attitude and I'm a grab the bull by the horns kind of gal and that we didn't have a lot in common-we still clicked perhaps by balancing each other. We have shared many lunches and exchanged gifts around the holidays and special occasions. We've shared and confided in each other troubles with families, our health and our work. We've been to each other's homes and met each other's families. In a nutshell, I truly considered her my friend. So, you can just imagine that terminating her was so painful on several levels. I knew that once I told her she was being fired and handed her the paperwork that a friendship of a dozen years was also coming to an abrupt end. I kept telling myself not to take it personally, that it was purely business. However, I've done this deed so many times in my career and was well aware that although I was only the messenger and doing my job, it was very personal to her and no one can fault her for that. I knew our friendship will not be able to withstand this kind of beating. In as much as I claimed she was my friend, I also knew that it just wasn't that strong of a friendship and that made me all the more sad. The other day, I was craving Thai food and I almost texted her to ask if she'd want to go to our favorite restaurant when I remembered that we're not on speaking terms. It just hit me how much I missed her. Oh well, life goes on. I hope that someday we can both find closure and put everything behind us. Even not as friends but as two individuals who were once a part of each other's lives.

As I get older, I am forced to accept the sad reality that the very few friendships I have are built and held by either work or hobby. So, when the work or the hobby goes, so does the friendship. I was just commenting to my husband a few weeks ago that we need friends, perhaps another couple as boring and unadventurous as we are to hang out with. He simply rolled his eyes at me. 

I just love creating blank cards so that I have the liberty to decide what to do with them as need arises. This one was so very simple and easy to put together and not many products required. 
Cased from a swap I received last year at Convention
Well, that's all I have for today. Thank you for stopping by. Below is the list of products used to create this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...