Monday, July 18, 2016

Botanical Blooms

Happy Monday, everyone! I had such a busy weekend. My nephew is visiting for a couple of weeks and staying with his cousins at my mom's. Poor grandma, I bet she is exhausted. She's definitely enjoying her grandkids that's for sure. Last Saturday, we all went to see Secret Life of Pets. It was a very cute movie and the kids had fun. I don't go to the movies much, but when I do I really find it relaxing. It was definitely a treat. Yesterday, I took all 3 kids plus my daughter to The Habit for lunch then we had dessert at Rita's Italian Ice. I love those kids and they are all so silly and funny - but boy there is a reason kids do grow-up. Eight hours with them full of energy and pumped up with ice cream can send anyone to bed early. Haha. With my 22 year old son and 15 year old daughter, I've been ignored a lot. They do their own stuff and occasionally they give me the nod or I will see them open the fridge. So, I don't get much interaction with kids for a long stretch of time - say like a whole day. It was a good reality check for me to watch them play with some of my kids old toys. A part of me missed my children being small and a bigger part of me was very glad that they're grown. Such is life, you know - as the children get older so do the parents. But seeing my mom dote and care for her grandkids always make me whisper a little prayer of thankfulness Above that she's still strong, healthy and able to do so much. We are all so very lucky to have her.


Well, I thought I had already posted this card awhile back only to realize that I have not - because of that, some of the items on this card have already retired such as: Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss ink and cardstocks, Hexagon Hive Thinlits, Decorative Dots Embossing folder and Label Bracket punch. Some of the of products used to create this card are below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...