Saturday, January 16, 2016

Wildflower Flowering Fields

For the past ten years, one of the things I look forward to about the new year is Sale-a-Bration aka SAB promotion that Stampin' Up! offers. Beginning January 5th to March 31, 2016 - for every $50.00 purchase/order from any of Stampin' Up! current catalog(s) before shipping and taxes, you will receive one free stamp set or paper pack or Project Life Specialty Card Collection. I just love freebies! Don't you? It must be the woman in me and how I do math when it comes to shopping. But for some odd reason, getting a freebie with my purchase justifies the expense. I feel that the freebie somewhat absolves me of the guilt because I get more for my buck. I am sure I am not alone on this theory. Come on, admit it! Haha! Anyway, this year's SAB catalog is super awesome and I truly love everything in it. I was so excited to use the Flowering Fields stamp set and coordinating Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper. I love it when things are matchy-matchy. They've done all the hard work for me. Everything fits! 

We made the cards below in cards class today. Watercoloring is so therapeutic. It's so interesting listening to all my gals chatting and laughing then all of a sudden they will become quiet and that's when they are coloring the stamped images. Aren't these cards so lovely? You can change the sentiment according to your needs. I know, I always like to have thank you cards handy. However, this is also perfect as a sympathy or birthday card. 

I know that the Clear/Cling stamps require less space, but to me I only buy Clear mainly because it's cheaper. When it's FREE, I always pick Wood mount stamps. I find that it's sturdier and I can trim the rubber according to my preference. I hate getting halos when I stamp and the rubber is not trimmed properly. I also get annoyed when I have to adhere and remove the stamps on clear blocks. Wood mount stays true and whenever I feel like stamping, I just take them out of the container without messing with acrylic blocks plus making sure they stick. 





Well, that is all for now. Have a wonderful 3-day weekend. Thank you for stopping by.

To order the materials used to create the cards above, please click below. 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...