Thursday, December 24, 2015

Catching Up to Christmas

I apologize for being MIA the past month or so. This is my favorite time of the year and also my busiest. Every year I make it a goal to be more prepared. But no, it never happens. I am exhausted, yet I cannot afford to slow down. I was somewhat under the weather for a few weeks and just self-medicated in order to keep chugging along. I am so ready for a few days off during the holidays.

I must admit that aside from being preoccupied with work and holiday stuff, I'd been feeling a little bit melancholic. I made a conscious decision to step away from Facebook. It was draining away my diminishing strength and I thought I'd try to disconnect. It has been a month since I logged-out and I have not missed it at all. My birthday came and went very quietly. I've never been one to make a big deal or to fret over getting older. However, I noticed that as I was approaching my recent birthday, I just had this dark cloud over me. I was easily irritated, bitter and just plain sad. I didn't much mind turning forty-five, but the thought of turning fifty in five years just made me feel crappy. 

Before Thanksgiving last year, I was very restless and anxious. I just needed to change something in my life. It felt like I was in a rut and I didn't like feeling that way. So, on one ordinary Saturday morning, I walked in to my hair stylist's salon and told him to chop off my hair. Just like that. He shook his head at first and asked me a couple of times if I was sure. I said, yes. I want it gone. I don't want to feel it on my neck and on my face. An hour later, I had this what's called "pixie cut", aka boy's cut. I enjoyed the ease and freedom for a few months. Then decided to grow it all back. So for the past year, that was the goal - grow my hair back long enough to be able to put them up. Because being in a rut is something I'd gotten good at. I don't know why I even try. Aughh!

For a few months I contemplated on leaving my job. I received a good offer from a bigger company with an almost comparable pay to my current one. Although I knew it was not a great offer (not one I can't refuse, so to speak), it didn't matter. I was so excited for a while about the thought of the unknown. The possibility of a new adventure gave me butterflies in my tummy. I was nervous, but in a good way, you know? In the end, after weighing my pros and cons, I stayed. I only allowed myself three days to mope around and sort of regret not leaving. After that, I focused my energy on our Company Holiday Party. That was when and where I realized why I am still here after eleven or so years. More than anything, I truly work for my employees. They are the reason why I do what I do. I work with such an amazing group of people. They are dedicated, hard workers and good-hearted individuals. I am so fortunate to know them. 
I CASED this card directly out of the Holiday catalog: Flurry of Wishes stamp set and coordinating Snow Flurry punch, Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe and Whisper White cardstocks 

I CASED this card directly out of the Holiday catalog: Your Presents stamp set and coordinating Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstocks.
Kissing Technique - learned from 2015 Stampin' Up! Convention

It's Christmas Eve and I still have lots of gift wrapping to do. I am so excited to see my son tonight. I have not seen him since July and I have really missed him. 

Well, thank you for stopping by. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...