Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sheltering Tree

It just occurred to me that today marks our 26th year here in the United States. Coincidentally, today is also my 10th year anniversary as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. It's a special day to celebrate and also to give thanks. If there's anything I have learned in my 26 years here in United States, it's to be grateful and to always remember my blessings. Our first ten to fifteen years here were very challenging, and that's putting it mildly. There were many times I seriously thought going back to the Philippines would have been easier. As I am typing this while recalling our past experiences, I am giving myself a high five because I did not quit. I did not give-up trying and I did not stop believing that life does get better. There are so many things I am thankful for. Really, it would take all day. However, today I am truly thankful for the US of America - what a beautiful and generous country! It's been an honor to be here. Someday, when I am old and gray, I will be proud to say that I did not waste the opportunities United States graciously tossed my way.  I am also thankful for Stampin' Up! I remember ten years ago when we had just moved to California from Alaska and I was so lonely here. I didn't know anyone other than a few people from the office. Then my co-worker Emily showed me her Stampin' Up! catalog and introduced me to my upline, Karen Flores - my life changed just like that. It was love at first sight of the catalog. Smile. Stampin' Up! helped me cope, it kept me busy and gave me this wonderful world of rubber stamps, ink and paper. Creativity has been a healing tool for me, my escape or refuge for when life gets stressful and overwhelming. I am so thankful today and I love this life.  
I love all the colors of fall, don't you? 
Well, that's all for today. Have an awesome Tuesday, everyone!

To order products used to create the adorable card above, please click below. You can even print-out the supply list simply by clicking the Supply List on the bottom left corner. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...