Friday, November 8, 2013

Retired BNF Friday #23

Thank goodness for 3-day weekends! I so need this to unwind and relax a little bit. For today's Retired BNF (But Not Forgotten) Friday, I would like to share this patriotic card just in time for Veteran's Day.

I've had a very weird couple of weeks. It seemed like every song I heard I'd wonder if it'd be appropriate for my funeral. I even made a list of music my family should play in my funeral just in case I die quite suddenly. I know, I told you I was having a really dark time. I don't know if it had anything to do with the weather, but I just felt really down. I've also been thinking about how I will be remembered. Someday when everything's been said and done and I am no longer around, how will the people I left behind remember me? When they hear my name, will they feel relief that I'm gone or will they always think of me with such longing and sadness? Will they remember me at all? This made me think of Stars in the Sky and how many people I know still talk about his kindness and generosity, especially around the holidays. He was also well-known for his holiday parties, crab legs galore, free frozen turkey and wine, the singing and the whole message of it all: gratitude to all his employees. He walked around with an apron happily serving away everybody. It was really extraordinary and everyone there walked away feeling appreciated and recognized. It's no wonder after all these years, he is still missed by the people who knew him.



Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Service & Sacrifice, Jumbo Stampin' Round Classic Stars
Paper: Card stocks in Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Whisper White
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Real Red and Brilliant Blue
Tools & Accessories: Punches in Small Star, Scallop Oval (119586) and Extra Large Oval (119859), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...