Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I apologize that I have been absent. I've been having technical problems with my computer and could not post. My daughter kept telling me it's time to replace it with a new one. Easy for her to say, she doesn't have to pay for it. Haha. Oh well, happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms out there, especially to my dear mom. My sister and nephew are in town, so all of us have been spending time together at my mom's. We are going to just hang-out today and grill. I am sure restaurants will be so busy and we refuse to join the crowds.

I am so in-love with this Swallowtail stamp. Then again, I love anything with butterflies on it. I didn't think I was going to like this because the image is huge, but I saw other Stampin' Up! demonstrators share their beautiful work using it and I had to have it. With the Pretty in Pink color retiring I had to use it on this card for my mom. I heat embossed the image with black craft ink (also retiring) and it really turned out so pretty.

Don't you just love the faux suede flowers on this huge butterfly?
Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Swallowtail (W 129213 C 129216)
Paper: Card stocks in Pretty in Pink and Basic Black, First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Craft Stampin' Pad in Basic Black (102192), Pretty in Pink and Basic Gray Classic stampin' pads
Tools & Accessories: Heat Tool (129053), Stampin' Emboss Powder in Clear (109130), Sponge Daubers (102892), Fancy Flower Punch (118073), 5/8" Crochet Trim ribbon Victoria (118481), 3/8" Basic Glimmer Brads (121003), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

Well, that is all I have for today. Thank you for stopping by. Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...