Sunday, April 7, 2013

Elements of Style

Have you ever felt like you just needed a time-out? A break from your duties and chores and just stay in your pajamas all day? I'm sure you have. Well, I did just that yesterday. I gave myself a well-deserved and much needed time-out. I made cards ALL DAY. The laundry did not get done, the house did not get cleaned, I did not turn on the stove or the TV. It was a very good day. I just stamped all day and sorted all the colors (card stocks and inks) that will be retired end of next month. I am not too bummed with the color change this year. I am actually very happy that Stampin' Up! will bring back some of my favorite colors. I just don't know how painful it will be when they announce the stamp sets that will be retiring. I really thought I was not going to recover last year because almost my entire shelf got retired. I whined and rant for a couple of weeks, but life went on like always. I was so discouraged that I almost gave-up my SU demonstrator status. However, with my friends' loyalty and support I am still here and ever so grateful that I will be going to convention this summer.

One of my very favorites is Elements of Style stamp set. When I want to feel like a true artist and pretend I have the ability to paint a masterpiece, this is my go to set. We will be making this in class next week. I did not put any sentiment so that it can be used for whatever occasion. I also used two colors that will be retiring, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery.

Flowers are heat embossed with black craft ink and embossing powder.
Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Elements of Style (Wood 118611 Clear 120045)
Paper: Card stocks in Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Whisper White
Ink: Craft Stampin' pad in Basic Black (102192), Classic stampin' pad in Bashful Blue for sponging the edges, Stampin' Write markers in Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery (105106)
Accessories & tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Embossing Folder in Lacy Brocade (127819), Stampin' Emboss Powder in Clear (109130) and Iridescent Ice (101930), 3/16" Corner Rounder punch (119871), sponge daubers (102892), 3/8" Tafetta Ribbon in Bashful Blue (retired) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

I used the same exact layout on this one, just took out the ribbon and added a sentiment. Not Quite Navy and River Rock will be retiring also. I think this combo will be a really nice Sympathy card.

Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Elements of Style (Wood 118611 Clear 120045), Blooming with Kindness (Wood 126420 Clear 126422)
Paper: Card stocks in Not Quite Navy, River Rock and Whisper White
Ink: Craft Stampin' pad in Basic Black (102192), Classic Stampin' pad in Not Quite Navy (126971), Stampin' Write markers in Not Quite Navy and River Rock
Accessories & tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Embossing Folder in Lacy Brocade (127819), Stampin' Emboss Powder in Clear (109130) and Iridescent Ice (101930), Punches in 3/16" Corner Rounder (119871), 1 1/4" Circle (119861), 1 3/8" Circle (119860), sponge daubers (102892) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

Thank you to Carolyn Bennett for sharing this with us at SCS.


That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...