Friday, August 24, 2012

Retired BNF Friday #12

Thank goodness, it's FRIDAY! I will admit just this once that Fridays are a tad sweeter because I've had such a busy couple of weeks back in the office. It somehow feels well-deserved compared to when I was on medical leave at home and every single day felt the same. My daughter went back to school this past Wednesday. She's a 6th grader and had such a growth spurt this summer. I am now officially the shortest person in our family. And I am shrinking and expanding by the minute...hahaha! We took pictures in front of our house the first day of school like we always do for my scrapbook. It made me really miss my son who's now a college student in Los Angeles. Sigh. Raising children is such a double-edged sword, at least for me. I am a proud mom because my son without hesitation went off on his own working and going to school away from us and saddened that I no longer see him every day. When I see my nieces and nephew, I am always transported to those days when my own kids were small and sweet. Oh, how I miss the days. Truthfully though, it makes me feel tired just thinking of my children being little again. I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

I bought this stamp set Crayon Kids years ago when my children were little. I used it for greeting cards, party invitations and even decorating plain brown lunch bags. As I was sorting out my stash of retired stamp sets a few days ago...trying to decide what to sell and which ones to keep, I found myself in a spell of nostalgia remembering how I once fell-in-love with this stamp set because I had little kids back then. Now that they have grown, I feel it is probably time to let it go. We'll see. It made me realize that sending my son off to college is a rite of passage for me and my husband as well. We are entering into the next phase of our lives. Sadly, aging is a part of the process but in it comes natural wisdom, too that can only be obtained from both small and large lessons we learned over the years.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Crayon Kids
Paper: Card stocks in Lucky Limeade, Real Red and Whisper White
Ink: Classic Stampin' pads in Brilliant Blue (retired), Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green.

Well, that's it for today. Have a fun week, everyone. See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...