Friday, June 15, 2012

Retired BNF Friday #10

I have been going 100 miles an hour the past couple of weeks. It just occurred to me that life altogether is a series of endless preparations. Preparing for trips, exams, events, holidays, special occasions/events, classes, fiscal year end, meetings, budgets, medical procedures, retirement and sadly, in as much as most of us are not fond of talking about it, we are all preparing for death whether we are aware of it or not. We're constantly preparing, getting ready to or as what they say in South Carolina, "fixing to..." I kept track of myself in the office and every time someone asked me what I was up to, I replied..."Oh nothing, just preparing for the meeting, or a special project or reports, lists and stuff." So, if we are perpetually preparing for stuff...when do we live? I think it was John Lennon who said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Having just typed all that mumbo-jumbo, I want to let my very few followers know that I will be taking a very much needed summer break and will not be able to post for a few weeks due to medical reasons. I am hoping for the best. I welcome all your good thoughts and well wishes.

I would like to share a card today from one of my favorites called, Morning Glory.  I just love this set and I am still waiting for Stampin' Up! to come up with a replacement. I find water coloring very relaxing. I can't draw anything, but this technique makes me feel like a true artist. I am in all honesty so exhausted right now, but I have no time to slow down. I keep thinking I will get my rest soon after I get out of the hospital and recovering at home. Creativity always help.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Morning Glory
Paper: Old Olive and Lovely Lilac card stocks and Watercolor paper
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' pad
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons in Chocolate Chip, Lovely Lilac and Old Olive, Old Olive Ribbon

BTW, my son just got his driver's license. Yay! I can't take much credit for it, it was my hubby who spent time driving around with him and took him to the DMV to take both tests. Watching them took me back to that time when my son learned to ride his bike without the training wheels many years ago. I remember the exact moment when my husband let go of the bike and my son just took off on his own. I was so nervous for him as I watched him pedal his heart out around the cul-de-sac of our neighborhood and then back to our driveway. He is leaving for work then college in five days and once again, I am fearful for him. I'm a mother, I am fearful all the time. However, this time I am afraid to let go. I will miss finding him in his room and seeing his face across the dinner table. I'll miss him opening our fridge just for the heck of it and asking what's for dinner. Parenting is such an emotional roller coaster ride. Oh well, that's it for now and have a good weekend, everyone! Just want to share this poster I found online. It's so true!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...