Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mixed Bunch

Happy, happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! This is my 18th Mother's Day and I am thankful every day that I have been blessed to join this wonderful and challenging club. I am honored to be called Mom by my two amazing kids. I can go on and on about all the favors and rough roads of motherhood, but today I choose to just take it all in as it is. My husband always say that I am his wife, therefore it is my kids' duty to do something for me on Mother's Day because I am their mother. Yet for the past eighteen years, I have always encouraged and guided my children to make sure they make something or remember their dad on Father's Day. I believe it is one of my very long list of duties as a mother to make certain that my kids grow-up to be thoughtful and grateful individuals. Maybe mothers are just wired differently after all. Personally, I believe that every single day is a gift to a mother as long as her children are safe and healthy. I will take that over any trivial material thing any day. I have the best gifts this Mother's Day, they are in their rooms still asleep while I cook brunch that we can all share together in a little bit.



Card Recipe

Stamp Set(s): Mixed Bunch (Wood 125535 Clear 125537), All Year Cheer II (retired set)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Very Vanilla smooth card stocks, DSP Attic Boutique (retired from Occasions Mini Catalog 2012)
Inks: Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Soft Suede
Accessories: Punches in Blossom (125603) and 3/4" Circle (119873), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Well, that's it for now, I have to get started with my cooking before the day heats up. Darn it, my household chores did not take the day-off even when the world declared it Mother's Day. Haha! Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...