Monday, April 9, 2012

Old is New Again

Aughh! It's the last day of my mini vacation. How can something I waited for so long be over so quickly? I guess, just like everything else, it's bound to end and back to work tomorrow. I must admit that I did not accomplish anything from my to-do list. I wasn't able to sort and organize my closet or put together an LBC box for the Philippines. I didn't clean-out my pantry like I planned to or iron a hamper full of clothes. Instead I made cards, organized my papers and sorted my stamp sets. I set aside so many retired stamps I was thinking of selling, but I was at war with myself and had to justify why I must keep them. Oh well, so I made a couple of cards from a couple of the retired sets I can't seem to say goodbye to. I used my Aqua Painters with the Wonder Crayons, isn't it lovely? I just love this Summer by the Sea stamp set.


Here's another one and so easy to make from the Spring Garden stamp set. I guess I'll be keeping most of my retired stamps for now. I remember how I used to trick my kids when they were small...I'd hide some of their toys for a couple of months and then they will be like new when they see them again. I feel the same way with my stamps. The retired ones that I can't use in my classes are put away in boxes, so seeing them again this past weekend felt like Christmas. I think to get more mileage out of them, I will try and create a card a week from the retired stamps that I have stored away and share them with you. That should be fun! However, I still have to make room for the new ones because the new catalog is less than two months away. I am so excited to get a sneak peek of the new catty. One of the amazing things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is that I can view the catalog a month before they are released. I can also pre-order some of the items. I am a bit glad of the change and that the catalog will not be as thick, which means my wish list won't be too long. Hahaha! Oh, how I wish that's possible.


It's going to be a busy week in the office. I need to save up my good mojo to last me until Friday night when I can spend time in my "corner" and create again.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...