Sunday, December 18, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I spent my birthday weekend cleaning and sorting my closet. I have been meaning to do that, but never seemed to have the time (or inclination) to. It's been a permanent to-do list. I have many of those. How fast things accumulate! I am surprised to find clothes I couldn't live without only two years ago, they will now be put in LBC boxes to the Philippines. I would like to simplify. I want to rephrase that, I "dream" to simplify. I imagine less clothes means I won't have to do a ton of laundry all the time. It will also be easier to find things to wear because there won't be plenty to choose from. I dream of having less and living more.

My younger sister and I have this funny memory of watching a TV show when we were kids, which to this day still get us rolling in laughter. There was this show about a girl (Bibette Orteza was the actor) who only had one set of outfit. She wore them everywhere, night and day. They were blue jeans and a maroon collared polo shirt. One day she announced to all her family and friends that she finally went shopping and bought new clothes. They were all so happy and excited to see what she bought. When she opened her closet they were the same outfits she had been wearing, just new ones. Lol. Huh! For some odd reason that didn't sound as funny as I remember. Everything's funnier when you're a kid, I guess.

I made this card to sort of just relax before I went to bed last night. Projects after a couple glasses of wine always turn out nice in my opinion. Hahaha. Anyway, 6 more days before Christmas. My kids are out of school for Christmas break. They don't realize how fortunate they are to get holiday breaks. Oh well.


Card Recipe

Stamp Set: Flores Suaves (from the Spanish catalog)
Paper: So Saffron (retired - currently on clearance), Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pacific Point Craft ink and Basic Black, Crushed Curry Stampin Write
Accessories: Heat embossing tool, Clear emboss powder, dimensionals, Pacific Point ribbon, sponge

It's hard to see in the picture, but both the background and the butterfly are embossed with the heat tool and clear emboss powder. I then colored the butterfly with Stampin' Write in Crushed Curry.

Please remember to check out the Clearance Rack Blitz My Online Store! They have sold out of many things, but still many punches and stuff. That's it for now. Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...