Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday before Turkey Day

It will be a very busy Sunday full of errands and to-do list because next week is Turkey Day. So, I am going to sneak-in and post a short entry. Also, I am dying to share a couple of cards I made. I just love Thanksgiving. Growing-up in the Philippines, we didn't celebrate it. Each town back home celebrates "Pasalamat" on a certain date once a year which is a day to honor their town Saint or something like that. Each home in the town prepares a feast and they invite family, relatives and friends to come and join their celebration. I guess it is similar in some aspects, but I like how we celebrate it in the US more. Thanksgiving to me is all about getting together with the family and being grateful for all our blessings. I am so very thankful!

I just love fall colors. It is so rich and welcoming. I used French Foliage stamp set, More Mustard, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla card stocks. Ink pads of the same colors as the CS.

I am not too happy with this one because it turned out to be too shiny and that's not my idea of autumn at all. I copied this from one of the projects I made when I attended a Stamp Camp last September. I used the Gently Falling stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog and the DSP Spice Cake paper. 

That's it for today. I am going to enjoy my coffee and Sunday paper before I head out to run errands.
Tomorrow is the start of Online Extravaganza. There will be tons of sales and clearance in the Stampin' Up! website. You will kick yourself later if you let this one slip by. Take advantage of it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's last night. Lots of great food: lechon (Filipino ham), pa...